Cost per serving $3.11 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Reduced fat Bisquick
- 1 pch garlic pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Thai seasoning or possibly Five Spice pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Curry Cumin Blend (see recipe)
- 2 x 3-ounce each skinless boneless chicken thighs trimmed
- Â Â butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. snipped chives
- 1/3 c. defatted low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 14 ounce acorn squash (or possibly 1 small)
- 2 pch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 7 ounce frzn green beans
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp chopped ginger
- 1. Heat oven to 425F. See TIP - Acorn squash if serving.
- 2. In a plastic bag, mix Bisquick, garlic pwdr, Thai Seasoning and Curry Cumin Blend. Add in the chicken to the bag and shake to coat. Lightly spray a cookie sheet just where the chicken will rest. Place chicken on the sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake 30 min or possibly till no longer pink. Remove from oven and let rest while preparing the sauce.
- 4. Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Add in almonds; saute/fry till lightly toasted. Add in the chives and stir to combine. Mix the chicken broth with the cornstarch. Add in to the saucepan, stirring constantly, till the sauce thickens slightly. Season with the teriyaki sauce. Add in more broth if needed. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- TIP - SQUASH: Microwave an acorn squash, whole, on HIGH for about 5 min. Let stand preparing step 2 of the chicken. Slice the squash lengthwise; remove the seeds and pulp. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Spray the other side of the cookie sheet to hold the squash; cut side down. Bake along with the chicken, 30 min at 425F.
- TIP - Frzn GREEN BEANS (5-6 min): Spray a large heavy bottom sauce pan. Set over medium high heat. Add in 1/2 tsp extra virgin extra virgin olive oil and swirl the pan to spread the oil. Add in the 6 to 8 ounces frzn green beans; toss to spread. Cover and cook on medium high for 2 min. Remove lid; add in 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds. Stir to mix. Close lid and allow to steam for 1 minute. Remove lid; add in 1/4 tsp. chopped ginger root. Stir till aromatic. Cover. Remove from heat; serve soon.
- TIP - From McCormick's Collections: Thai Seasonings blends chili pepper, ginger, red pepper, salt, garlic, lemon peel, shallots, modified corn starch, jalapeno peppers, natural flavor
- Description: "serve with two sides: caramelized baked acorn squash and almond ginger green beans."
- Serving Ideas : Cold sliced cucumbers with minced red onion, a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and a splash of red wine vinegar served with decorative red salad kale.
- NOTES : Bake this breaded chicken thigh with half an acorn squash; accompany with an almond ginger green beans saute/fry. Lots of interesting flavors without too much fuss. See tips for side dish instructions. [Recipe inspired by Chicken with Garlic Ginger Sauce in Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook (2000 General Mills, Inc)]
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 366g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 138||29%|
|Total Fat 15.54g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 56.7g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||52%|