Cost per serving $1.23 view details
- 450 gm broad beans (shelled weight) lightly cooked
- 175 gm mushrooms wiped and sliced
- 1 lrg spanish onion about 275g in weight peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. feshly minced basil or possibly in winter 1 level tsp. dry oregano
- Â Â For tbe dressing
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 x salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Â Â Celery salt
- This is essentially a salad for summer when the broad beans are young and green but you could use frzn beans during the winter.
- In a large salad bowl combine the beans mushrooms onion and herbs.
- Then place the vinegar oil garlic and seasonings to taste in a screw top jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything to get it completely coated in dressing.
- Now leave the salad in a cold place for several hrs for the flavours to develop and become absorbed.
- Serve the salad with some French bread and salami and a bottle of something italian.
- Serves 6
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||30%|
|Total Fat 12.6g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.25g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.2g||64%|