Cost per recipe $6.14 view details
- 2 x Beaten Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Oil
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Shredded carrots (I use food processor)
- 1 1/3 c. Shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. Minced marischino cherries
- 1/2 c. Raisins
- 1/2 c. Minced pecans (optional)
- This recipe was given to my by Judy Burtner, who was Home Extension agent for Frederic Co. Virginia many years ago. She specifically called for this being baked in cans....
- This is a different tea bread, and is exceptionally good. It freezes well.
- Combine Large eggs, oil, and lowfat milk. Beat till well blended. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking pwdr, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add in to egg mix, and stir till combined. Stir in the carrots, coconut, cherries, raisins, and pecans.
- Turn into 4 greased/floured vegetable cans (like green beans come in). Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. Let cold in can for about 5 min, then cold completely. Chill till ready to use.
- Note: a regular loaf pan may be used or possibly 4-5 mini-loaf pans.
- I'll bet this would be great done in the "jar".
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1251g|
|Calories from Fat 1425||37%|
|Total Fat 163.37g||204%|
|Saturated Fat 30.83g||123%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 546.97g||146%|
|Dietary Fiber 27.0g||90%|