Cost per serving $0.45 view details
- 1 x Tuna steak
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Finely minced ginger root
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Salted black beans
- 4 x Green onions with tops
- 2 tsp Green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 2 tsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1 c. Chicken broth (or possibly fish Stock) Spinach or possibly red-leaf lettuce Leaves
- Pat fish dry w. paper towels. Mix salt, ginger & pepper. Coat both sides of fish with mix and rub 1 teaspoon cornstarch on both sides of fish. Cover & chill 30 min.
- Place black beans in bowl and cover with hot water. Stir about 2 min.
- Remove and drain. Throw away water. Partially pulverize beans. Chinese cooks use the back end of their cleaver handle.
- Cut 3 of green onions on diagonal into 1 inch pcs, remaining one into thin slices (strings).
- Remove seeds and membranes from chilies. Cut chilies into very thin slices.
- Mix 1 Tbs cornstarch, water and sugar.
- [If grilled fish is preferred, grill on charcoal about 4-5 min each side or possibly 10 min per inch of thickness, not too close to coals - otherwise fry in wok]
- Heat wok till warm & add in 2 Tbs oil, tilting to coat sides. Fry fish 2 min or possibly till brown, turning once. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 min turning after 3 min. Uncover & remove from wok.
- Bring wok back up to very warm over high heat. Add in 1 Tbs oil, tilt & coat.
- Add in black beans, chilies, garlic & green onion pcs & stir fry all for 1 minute. Add in broth/stock and heat to boiling. Stir in cornstarch/sugar water mix, stir cooking till thickened. Add in fish steaks turning to coat with sauce. Heat 2 min.
- Line platter with spinach/lettuce leaves, place fish on bed and garnish top with green onion slivers.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||67%|
|Total Fat 10.31g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.76g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.23g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|