A banana split makes an interesting dessert for both the young and the old; and when you combine it with gooey chocolate frosting it adds to the taste and gives you two-fold joy! Here is a simple banana split cake recipe that you can prepare at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Unsalted butter â 1 kg
- Sugar â 3 cups
- Confectionerâs sugar â 2 cups
- Eggs â 4 (large)
- Cake flour â 2 Â½ cups
- Baking soda â 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder â Â¾ teaspoon
- Salt â Â½ teaspoon (if you are using salted butter then skip the salt)
- Mashed banana â 1 Â½ cups
- Sour cream â Â½ cup
- Vanilla extract â 4 Â½ teaspoons
- Egg whites of 5 eggs
- Yellow food coloring â 5-8 drops (depending on how yellow you want the cake to be)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce â Â½ cup
- Sprinkles â 1 cup
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- 2. Take a deep bowl and put 230 grams of butter and 1 Â½ cups of sugar in it.
- 3. Beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Break in the eggs, one by one, and mix until well combined.
- 5. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- 6. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mix, spoon by spoon, and keep beating on a medium speed.
- 7. Once all the ingredients are mixed well, add 1 cup of mashed bananas and sour cream. Beat for another 3 minutes and your cake batter will be ready to bake.
- 8. Grease a 9-inch pan and pour the batter in the pan.
- 9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- 10. In the meantime, on a double boiler, combine the egg whites and sugar and whisk them until well mixed.
- 11. Take off the boiler and whisk some more until the mixture doubles in volume.
- 12. Add 4 sticks of butter to the mix and whisk some more until even and smooth.
- 13. Add Â½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and Â½ cup of mashed bananas and whisk until everything mixes and is of spreading consistency.
- 14. Add 2-3 drops of food coloring to get the âbananaâ color.
- 15. In a separate bowl, combine chocolate chips, caramel sauce and the rest of the butter. Cook on low heat until the chocolate chips are melted and combined.
- 16. Add the vanilla extract and confectionerâs sugar to the mix and combine well.
- 17. Let it cool to room temperature.
- 18. Once the cake is done, cool it on a wire rack before applying the frosting.
- 19. Slit the cake in three layers horizontally.
- 20. Place the bottom layer on the cake stand and spread the banana frosting on it. Sprinkle some sprinkles on the frosting.
- 21. Place the second layer on top of the frosting and press lightly.
- 22. On the second layer, spread the chocolate frosting and sprinkle some more sprinkles.
- 23. Place the final layer on top of the chocolate frosting and cover all the sides of the cake with the rest of the banana frosting.
- 24. Cover with sprinkles and put the cake in the fridge to cool for some time before serving.
- 25. To serve, cut in slices and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 628g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1857||63%|
|Total Fat 211.22g||264%|
|Saturated Fat 132.68g||531%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 261.73g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|