Cost per serving $2.30 view details
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, rum, brandy or whisky
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling pans
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons lemon or orange marmalade
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil 2 (10-inch) round cake pans.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, reduce the orange juice over medium heat to 1/4 cup. Add salt, stir, and let cool.
- Lightly beat eggs with paddle attachment in standing mixer on high for 1 minute until frothy.
- Add milk, sugar, liqueur, olive oil, reduced orange juice, lemon zest, anise and 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- Mix for 1 minute until well blended. Mix in the flour, baking soda and baking powder until well blended and smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into each oiled cake pan. Bake for 1 hour. Place on a rack to cool.
- Run a knife around the edges and place it on a plate.
- While the cake is still warm, smooth 3 tablespoons of marmalade onto the top of each cake.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary evenly over both cakes. Garnish center with rosemary sprig.
- Cut each cake into wedges and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 390||52%|
|Total Fat 44.09g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 6.96g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 79.99g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|