Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 4 sm Tuna steaks, (or possibly 2 medium, or possibly 1 large)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ginger Root, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Cornstarch, divided
- 4 tsp Green Chilies
- 1/4 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c. Peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 x Green Onions, thinly sliced, (include green tops)
- Â Â Spinach or possibly Leaf Lettuce for garnish
- Pat the tuna steaks dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Mix salt, ginger, and white pepper together in a small bowl. Coat both sides of the fish with the mix, and rub about one Tbsp. of the cornstarch on the sides of the steaks. Cover and chill for 30 min.
- Mix the green chilies with the remaining Tbsp. of the cornstarch, water, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the peanut oil, chopped garlic, and chicken broth, and blend well. Bring to a boil and stir constantly, till thickened a bit. Cold and reserve for basting while grilling the tuna steaks.
- To prepare the green onions, cut them into thin, vertical, string-like slices and reserve for a garnish.
- Prepare the grill for moderate cooking. Brush the grates of the grill with oil to prevent sticking. Grill the tuna steaks about 4 or possibly 5 min on each side, making sure to baste frequently with the prepared liquid.
- Grilling time will vary with the thickness of the steaks; estimate 10 min per inch of thickness.
- Line a serving platter with spinach or possibly lettuce leaves, and place the fish on the bed of greens, garnishing with the green onion strings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 119g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||69%|
|Total Fat 13.63g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2.31g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.56g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|