Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- All purpose flour 1 n half cups
- Yeast 1/2 a tablespoon( i used instant yeast which can be directly added onto the dough)
- Warm water (not hot) 1/2 cup or lesser(as u need to make a smooth dough)
- Sugar 1 and lil more than a tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tablespoon (as u need to knead)
- Milk for the wash just before you place into oven
- Mix the flour,yeast, salt, sugar and add enough warm water to bring it into a smooth dough.
- Keep greasing your fingers with oil and knead.The oil will vanish off your fingers as you knead.Do this step until you get a soft dough and when you press the dough it should spring back.(This was the most trickiest step and i must have failed here during the first time).
- Place this in a bowl and cover with cling film and leave in a warm place (like an oven for about 1 hour or more until the dough doubles in size).
- While you wait for the dough to rise, make the garlic butter spread:
- butter 2 tablespoons or more at room temperature,
- Crushed garlic 2 pods, Salt to taste,Herbs of your choice.I used cilantro chopped the first time.(This time i skipped it) and added cumin seeds.Mix it well and leave it aside.
- Check the dough, it should have doubled in size.
- Generously dust the counter top or a wooden board with flour, place the dough and dust with flour, and divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Take one half of the dough, spread with a rolling pin into a rectangular shape, spread the garlic butter onto the dough.Roll the dough into a log, cut into rolls.Place the cut side up in a greased baking tray or like i used a round steel vessel.
- Repeat the above step for the second half of the dough too.
- Arrange the rolls in a baking dish and cover with cling film and wait for the rolls to raise in size again.(i waited for an hour or more)
- Preheat the oven to 250C and once the oven is nice and hot,brush the tops of the rolls with milk or beaten eggs and push into the oven.I baked the rolls at 160C for about half hour.
- You'll know when the rolls are done the tops will be a golden brown tint and the skewer test works too.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.55g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|