Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 400 gm Plain chocolate
- 125 gm Unsalted butter
- 5 med Free-range Large eggs, separated
- 125 gm Caster sugar
- 142 ml Double cream Icing sugar, to dust
- 225 gm Fresh raspberries or possibly frzn raspberries, defrosted
- 250 gm Mascarpone cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a 25cm/10 in round loose-bottomed cake tin.
- 2. Break the chocolate into a bowl and add in the butter. Stand the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat till melted (don"t allow the chocolate to overheat or possibly boil).
- 3. In a clean bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar till thick and pale.
- 4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites till stiff.
- 5. Add in the chocolate mix to the egg yolks, then add in the cream and mix well together. Carefully mix in the egg whites.
- 6. Pour the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25 min. Don"t be alarmed if the cake still seems wobbly when you remove it from the oven - - it sets as it cools.
- 7. When the cake is cool, dust it with icing sugar, and serve with the raspberries and mascarpone.
- NOTES : Once you"ve tasted this exceptional chocolate cake, you"ll be making it time and time again.
- Serves 8
- Preparation: 12 min
- Cooking: 25minutes Calories/fat per serving: 642 cals / 45g Cost per serving: u1.35
- Chefs Note: The moist, sticky texture in the centre of this cake is one of the things which makes it special, so be careful not to overcook it. Kerry: Photo looks gorgeous - rich and gooey in the middle.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 111g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 337||73%|
|Total Fat 39.55g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 24.31g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.21g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|