Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, free-range
- .1 tsp dried oregano
- .3 tbsp olive oil .
- 150g button mushrooms, wiped and halved.
- 200ml good chicken stock.
- 100ml lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp capers, drained.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1. Put the chicken breasts on a board between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until 5mm-1cm thick. Season generously and sprinkle on both sides with oregano. Set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the mushrooms over a high heat until lightly browned. Tip into a bowl. Return the pan to the heat and add half of the remaining oil.
- 3. Cook the chicken breasts in two batches for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through - there should be no pink remaining. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm in a low oven.
- 4. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring to remove the sediment and juices from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until reduced by a third, then stir in the lemon juice, capers and mushrooms. Simmer for a few seconds more, stirring constantly.
- 5. Return the chicken to the pan and toss lightly in the sauce. Divide between four warmed plates and spoon over the mushroom and caper sauce to serve.
- Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||21%|
|Total Fat 1.67g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|