Cost per serving $30.60 view details
- 1 kg Fresh mussels
- 150 ml Dry white wine or possibly water
- 1 pch Saffron strands
- 900 ml Fish stock, warm
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg Butterfish fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 x Onion, minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 can Red pimentos, cut into strips (185 g)
- 2 lrg Ripe tomatoes, roughly minced
- 350 gm Valencia or possibly risotto rice
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 100 gm Cooked peas
- Â Â Lemon wedges and minced fresh parsley to garnish
- Scrub the mussels and rinse in cool water, discarding any with broken or possibly open shells. Place in a large saucepan with the wine or possibly water and cook over a high heat for 3-4 min, shaking the pan occasionally, till the mussels open. Tip into a colander over a bowl to collect the cooking liquid. Throw away any mussels which remain closed.
- Put the saffron in a small bowl and pour over 2-3tbsp of the warm stock.
- Leave to infuse for 20 min.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the butterfish for 5 min.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add in the onion, garlic and pimento strips to the pan and fry for 10 min over a high heat. Add in the tomatoes and fry for 5 min or possibly till quite thick.
- Add in the rice and stir till it's coated with the onion mix. Return the butterfish to the pan, then pour in the fish stock, the strained mussel cooking liquid, the saffron and seasoning. Cook briskly for a few min then lower the heat and cook for 15-20 min without stirring, till the rice and fish are tender.
- Remove most of the mussels from their shells, leaving a few in the shells.
- Add in the shelled mussels and peas to the rice. Stir and add in more stock if necessary.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a tea towel and leave to stand for 3-4 min. Serve at once, garnished with the reserved mussels in shells, lemon wedges and parsley.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1071g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 429||47%|
|Total Fat 48.02g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 12.76g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.64g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|