Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- 1/2 lb dry great northern beans cooked
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cool water
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 med onions peeled and minced
- 4 med cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 x 4-oz cans minced green chilies
- 2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 c. chicken stock or possibly broth
- 1 tsp salt about
- 20 ounce monterey jack cheese grated lowfat sour cream can be light minced jalapeno chilies can be canned
- 1. Prepare the beans according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Put the chicken breasts into a large pan and cover with cool water. Bring to a simmer. Cook till tender and cooked through, about 10 to 12 min. Remove chicken from the liquid.
- 3. In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add in onions, cook till translucent/soft. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin and cayenne pepper. Saute/fry 2 to 3 min.
- 4. Shred chicken by hand and combine with the beans, stock and 12 ounces grated cheese. Simmer 15 to 30 min.
- 5. Ladle into large bowls. Top each with 1 oz of cheese. Serve with a side of lowfat sour cream and minced jalapeno chilies.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 267g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||46%|
|Total Fat 19.75g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 11.32g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 18.35g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|