Cost per recipe $7.95 view details
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Rolled oats
- 2/3 c. All-purpose flour
- 14 ounce Sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract to 2 ts
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa sifted
- 11/2 c. Confectioners' sugar sifted
- Karen Kruckenberg of Harvard, Illinois earned an honorable mention in recipe for caramel oat bars from England.
- 1. Heat oven to 350'F. For base, beat butter and sugar in small bowl of electric mixer on medium-high speed till light and fluffy, 3 min. Add in oats and flour; beat till smooth. Press into greased 8-inch-square or possibly 9-inch-square baking pan. Bake till set, 20 min.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare caramel mix. Heat condensed lowfat milk, butter and brown sugar to a boil in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, 5 min. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour caramel mix over cooked base; allow to cold completely.
- 3. To prepare icing, heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cocoa and water till smooth. Add in confectioners' sugar; stir till mixed well. Spread over cooled caramel layer. Allow to set before cutting. Store refrigerated.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1524g|
|Calories from Fat 2380||37%|
|Total Fat 271.05g||339%|
|Saturated Fat 168.48g||674%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 979.48g||261%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||35%|