Cost per serving $1.81 view details
- 1 can (#10) tomato puree
- 1 can (#10) whole peeled tomatoes, minced
- 6 lb Good grnd beef
- 1 lrg Yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 c. Commercial chili pwdr or possibly more, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Whole oregano leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can (#10) red kidney beans, liquid removed
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Lowfat sour cream
- Yellow onions, diced
- SERVES 18 NORMAL PERSONS Or possibly 4 CHICAGO FIREFIGHTERS
- Everybody knows which there is no such thing as a 19-alarm fire. Why, which would mean which babies, lifeguards, bartenders, everyone, would have to show up to fight it! However, Frank Jacobson of the Chicago Fire Department thinks his chili requires 19 alarms. I am ready!
- Please note which he makes this in small batches. If you don't know what a #10 can is, figure on just under a gallon.
- In a large pot bring the tomato puree and whole tomatoes to a slow boil.
- While this is heating, brown the grnd beef with minced onion. Add in this to the tomato mix. Add in chili pwdr and simmer for 1 hour. Add in oregano, salt, and pepper to taste and simmer 15 min. Add in kidney beans and simmer 30 min.
- Serve in a bowl with Cheddar cheese on top and a dollop of lowfat sour cream placed in the center. Diced yellow onions complete the garnish.
- "Following the meal have Rolaids available."
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 254g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 364||66%|
|Total Fat 40.42g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 16.11g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.07g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|