Профиль шеф-повара David Van Buskirk
Have been cooking professionally for about 35 years now owning two successful restaurants, and working for 2 others. Love writing about food and all life's mishaps. Happily in love with my partner for the last 39 years, and still my best friend. Indulging in my business blog site, and talking to others about food and what it does for our soul. My soul is always hungry!!!
My ex-stepmother, Gloria. She could take mud and make it taste incredible. Developed a taste for Italian foods through her influences in my young life. My mom, for hating to cook at all thus pushing me out into the food universe to learn on my own. Gary, for teaching me everything he knows about food and restaurant cooking. TV cooking? Anne Burrell, what-da-palate!!! Michael Chiarello for his advancement of Italian cooking. And I love what heat and chiles can do to a dish: thanks Bobby Flay!!
love to cater large and small groups and parties....am lucky: Gary is a visionary when it comes to decorating for a party or occasion. He sets the mood for my food. What a pair!!! Compiling my first and only cookbook for chefs who want to experiment with flavor and sauces. Love the fact how home-made or store bough condiments can change and broaden your food repertoire. That little pinch or addition can make all the difference in the world....
1995 - наст. вр.
Настрой: Easy Fine Dining
Цена: менее $50
Любимые поваренные книги
- The New Basics (Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins)
- This is where a serious cook should start...
- Michael Chiarello's Casual Cooking (Michael Chiarello)
- Great for those who are looking beyond spaghetti and meatballs...
- Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making (James Patterson)
- Everyone needs to understand the basics and the intracacies of making sauces...makes or breaks foods
- Rose's Heavenly Cakes (Rose Levy Beranbaum)
- Ya wanna make a cake or ya wanna make an incredible cake???
- Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone (Deborah Madison)
- She takes our best tastes and uses no meat: so we as chefs can go further with our creations
Повара, которых я рекомендую
- Bobby Flay (New York)
- this man knows his heat....
- Michael Chirello (Napa)
- Nuance after nuance in the kitchen...
- Anne Burrell (New York)
- Incredible food and a sexy outlook on life: what could be better???
- Biba Caggiano (Sacramento)
- She inspired me 30 years ago with her kind words and encouragment to me....forever a fan....
Рестораны, которые я рекомендую
- Biba (Sacramento)
- Go on a date: eat well then get lucky....
- Bottega Restaurant (Napa Valley)
- Great and fun and unpretentious....and the food ain't bad either!!!
- Fandango's (Pacific Grove)
- This is Date Night for us.....and the Paella? like I said: this is date night.....
- Mamacita (San Francisco)
- Great, yes Great Mexican food with a modern twist....
- Chantara Thai Cuisine (El Dorado Hills)
- love their curries and appetizers....comfort food for chefs...